Friday, May 18, 2012

Fingerplay Fridays-The Watermelon Song/Fingerplay

Image from Wikipedia
Summer's right around the corner, I can tell by the amount of watermelons at my local fruit market (There's a TON!)! In honor of buying my first of the season, and just in time for your Memorial Day cookout, here's the Watermelon Song! Enjoy!

(To the tune of Are You Sleeping?)

Watermelon,  Watermelon, (Make a circle with your arms)
On the vine, On the vine, (Cure hands and arms beside body)
Sweet, red, and juicy, Sweet, red, and juicy, (Rub your tummy)
Image from maine.gov
Please be mine! Please be mine! (Palms together as though pleading)

Watermelon, Watermelon,  (Make a circle with your arms)
Thump, Thump, Thump, (Make a knocking motion with your hand)
Thump, Thump, Thump, " "
I think you are ready, I think you are ready, (Point, resting finger on temple)
Big and Plump! Big and Plump! (Make a circle with your arms)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what did ya think?